The Digital Operations Engineer operates under the direction of the Manager of Digital Operations Engineering. The Digital Operations Engineer's responsibilities for maintaining an infrastructure environment by designing, configuring, and installing infrastructure components and systems. The Digital Operations Engineer also updates and responds to trouble tickets in a timely manner to ensure TTX Company data communication, server, and storage environments are operating efficiently. The Digital Operations Engineer reports operational status by gathering and prioritizing informational metrics and managing projects.
The Digital Operations Engineer participates in day-to-day design and operation of network server systems, Email systems, web systems, gateways, load balancers, routers, switches, firewalls, and other networked devices company-wide. Works with SAN/NAS technology and enterprise back-up software solution in order to ensure data integrity and high availability providing system, process, and technical architectural direction on new and existing initiatives, projects, policies, and procedures. The Digital Operations Engineer also assists TTX's operations by providing Level-2 support as efficiently as possible when required. Close collaboration with all TTX departments is a primary function of this role. To perform the role, the Digital Operations Engineer will have a broad understanding of business applications, networks, storage, and operating systems.
- Maintain an infrastructure environment by designing, configuring, and installing infrastructure components and systems.
- Participate in the execution phases of all TTX projects and initiatives which enter the TTX resource leverage pipeline.
- Updates and Responds to trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Lease with all areas of the organization to coordinate projects and initiatives.
- Responsible to assist in enforcing technology standards for production related systems
- Create and maintain an effective operational run book for various systems.
- Reports network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Attend training and meetings as required to continuously develop skill sets.
- Establish a professional working relationship with other team members and management staff
- Carry a cell phone and respond to off hour emergencies within 30 minutes of being contacted.
- Travel as required.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent work experience
- In-depth understanding of Operating Systems, Business Applications and data flow dependencies between applications
- Must understand proper technology services following ITIL methodologies
- 4 - 7+ years of information technology experience supporting enterprise class environments
- Must be able to establish effective professional business relationships with all levels of management and throughout the TTX organization
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Identify and provide problem resolution for various trouble tickets and issues.
- Must possess strong writing and documentation skills
- Must be accustomed to responding quickly and in a controlled manner to emergencies.
- Must have ability to perform network, server, and storage tuning to keep TTX Company infrastructure operating at a high rate of availability.
- Skilled in troubleshooting issues in high pressure, business critical production environments.
(The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
General office environment; may be required to travel. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (remain stationary within work area) and use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to move about (stand, walk). The employee must occasionally lift and/or transport up to 10 pounds. Correctable vision required for close, distance, and color vision capabilities.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
This job has expired.