Come join our awesome team as a dietary assistant at Sleepy Eye Care Center! We are offering a retention incentive up to $4,000.00!!
Sleepy Eye Care Center is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Dietary assistant job highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The dietary assistant assist in food preparation and ensures dining room is ready for service. This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to make a difference by providing companionship and much needed human interaction for our residents.
- Daily interaction and conversation with residents while serving them meals
- Cleaning duties
- Be a friendly face, in this time of need, for our residents.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a Healthcare /Senior Living environment that is taking precautions for COVID-19.
- Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Experience in a long term care center setting.
Sleepy Eye Care Center is a trusted skilled care community that is dedicated to offering long-term or short-term assistance to older adults in need. We are located in Sleep Eye. Compassion and empathy are consistently demonstrated by our driven staff, who work so hard to provide the aid our community members need. Their dedication to caring for our senior population is inspiring, and we offer them a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan so they feel secure in their work/life balance.
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Join us, and apply today!
we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.