You enjoy working with your hands and you don't mind doing the dirty work. You thrive in an independent work environment where you are able to maintain your own shop area with support of your manager. You thrive in an ever-changing work environment where every day is different. You have a diverse background, which gives you the ability to repair and work on all kinds of equipment.
The mechanic performs maintenance and repair activities on heavy truck, heave-duty machinery, and off-road equipment.
Day in the Life
After checking in with your manager, you can typically expect to:
What you need to apply
- Work on repairs and maintain tractor-trailer equipment, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, drive train, steering and suspension systems
- Diagnose problems, disassemble units, reassemble units
- Fabricate, modify, and install special equipment or replace parts using mills, lathes, welders, and metal cutting tools
- Perform routine maintenance on various heavy and light equipment
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 7-10 years of mechanical experience
- Welding and Fabrication skills
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.