Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Design Enablement Team is seeking a talented and motivated engineer to join the Design Rule Check team. In this role you develop checking decks for a host of Globalfoundries differentiated technologies. This includes Bulk, SOI, and RF. You will be a member of the world wide Design Enablement Team responsible for developing and enhancing the DRC component of Process Design Kits. Other tasks can include writing programs using an array of scripting languages to improve efficiency and quality. A person in this role regularly interfaces with design rule developers, process development engineers, device designers, device modelers, and client technical support engineers.
The intern will have the opportunity to learn about DRC methodologies and will get exposure to leading edge foundry EDA tools and learning about design flows.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Develop process design kit (PDK) components.
- Engineer and validate PDK component requirements via interlock with others, e.g. Ground Rule, device modelers, device designers, and developers of other inter-related components.
- Validate PDK component implementation with automated and manual quality checks.
- Develop methods and software tools to improve PDK component efficiency or accuracy.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, or equivalent.
Currently pursuing a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Familiar with the Design flow and Physical verification.
- Good understanding of semiconductor processes in advanced technology nodes.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with Python, Shell Scripting.
- Familiarity with industry standard EDA tools like Calibre, ICV, PVS.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills, tactful and works well in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, shows initiative and needs minimum supervision.
- Well organized and exhibits attention to detail.
- Experience with Mentor Calibre physical verification tools.
- Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso tools and other leading Layout Editors is preferred.
- Familiarity with GLOBALFOUNDRIES process technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of TCL scripting and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Experience: internship experience in the Semiconductor industry in a related engineering
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.