CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated leader to join our team as a Deputy Director of Innovative Infrastructure Partnerships. The Deputy Director will be responsible for leading innovative partnerships to advance infrastructure solutions for zero emission commercial transportation. The Deputy Director will help shape, develop, and implement project partnerships that support technology development and deployment of electric charging and hydrogen refueling infrastructure to support the adoption of medium and heavy-duty battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. Responsibilities will include 1) lead technology and community partnerships under the California Energy Commission's Research Hub for Electric Technologies in Truck Applications (RHETTA), 2) lead state and federal policy partnerships to prioritize investment and technology along transportation corridors, and 3) support the Global Drive to Zero team with corridor and commercial infrastructure applications for truck and bus fleets.
Additionally, the Deputy Director of Innovative Infrastructure Partnerships will:
- Manage the development of public/private partnerships to develop strategy and deployment plans for zero emission commercial corridors.
- Evaluate and be current with infrastructure technology solutions for commercial infrastructure development.
- Directly engage with industry and fleet stakeholders to focus on next generation infrastructure solutions.
- Lead and perform analysis of regulatory impacts, total cost of ownership, market segmentation and potential and other supporting analytical work.
- Work with industry, fleets, government, and communities to develop innovative business models for financing and deploying public zero emission charging and refueling infrastructure (electric charging/hydrogen fueling).
- Spearhead the organization and facilitation of regularly held stakeholder committees and coalitions to advance zero emission corridor development.
- Work with public and private stakeholders to evaluate infrastructure barriers and problem solving.
- Support policy team with guidance around high-speed, high-powered charging, charging standards, and utility engagement around electric vehicle charging rates and make-ready incentive programs.
- Provide technical guidance on federal and state policy development for public agencies and CALSTART members.
- Identify industry opportunities and develop aggressive technology deployment and validation projects.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in business development, environmental management, environmental policy or equivalent training and experience.
- 7 years' experience working in clean transportation and management of zero emission vehicle projects and programs.
- Experience managing teams, team member recruitment, and performance management.
- Experience with business development including managing proposal and project development applications, scope of work, and project budgets.
- Strong experience managing technology development and demonstration projects.
- Knowledgeable about the commercial vehicle sector, including truck classes, applications, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of electric charging and hydrogen fueling infrastructure.
- Exceptional technical project and team management skills including the management of operational plans, goals, objectives, project scopes with tasks/deliverables and timelines.
- Exceptional policy and technical analysis skills.
- Exceptional writing, presentation and speaking skills.
- Strong skills with database management and use of Microsoft excel, R and other analysis software.
- Exceptional ability to organize and engage with a broad set of stakeholders and to move discussions to consensus and action.
- Strong negotiator and ability to engender trust with stakeholders.
Salary and Benefits
- Advanced degrees in business, policy or science or environmental management.
- Experience leading regulatory discussions and negotiations on clean vehicle regulations, specifically zero emissions.
- Project management certification PMP/PMI or related.
- Experience working and engaging with NGOs and clean tech funding partners such as foundations.
- Deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Knowledge and experience with policy impacts on customer and ZEV related purchase decisions
- Strong project management and budgeting skills
- Strong proposal and policy writing experience
- Market analysis skills
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.