DC Casting Operators ensure safe and environmentally sound operation, and achievement of targets related to quality and productivity. DC Casting Operators have a close relationship to our external customer(s), and they provide the final assurance that our product meets requirements. Incumbents employ Novelis' values in a manner that contributes to Teamwork, Caring, Excellence, Responsibility and Innovation. DC Casting Operators report directly to the Associate Operations Leader in DC; ultimately to the Operations Leader.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Actively participate in behavior based safety (BBS)
- Ensure compliance to environmental requirements
- Perform material handling activities, mostly with a crane
- Ensure mechanical properties by sampling, alloying and skimming as necessary
- Transfer molten metal from the holders to pits at a rate that balances quality and productivity requirements
- Maintain molds, ABF, ACD, troughs, pans and holder neck
- Ensure traceability via production documentation, ingot marking, and shipping documents
- Ship ingots to support delivery requirements
- Document all property damage, safety concerns or incidents, and production losses during the same shift
- Keep allk work areas clean and bright
- Other duties as assigned
This is a list of physical requirements, related to a person's ability to handle certain physical, mental, emotional demands.
- Work around molten metal
- Climb on/off fork truck several times a day
- Climb stairs occasionally
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Be able to work at temperatures < 50 degrees in the winter to >100 degrees in the summer
Experience with furnaces/molten metal and/or casting operations will be considered an advantageLocation Profile
Novelis' Greensboro facility is located in Greensboro Georgia. With 140 employees it is the first stand-alone used beverage can recycling facility in the company now responsible for pioneering a majority of Novelis' recycling technologies. Residents enjoy nearby Lake Oconee which includes a number of golf communities. In addition Athens Georgia - home to the University of Georgia and hundreds of cultural and sporting events each year - is a short drive away. Novelis Greensboro actively promotes safety recycling and STEM education through several local community organizations and in 2018 the Boys and Girls Club named Novelis its Business Partner of the Year. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.