ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS's Business Consulting group partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges. Our teams work on multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging advanced data analytics and problem-solving techniques. Our recommendations and solutions are based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership.
ZS's Health Plan and Provider (HPP) Industry Vertical helps companies across a wide range of consulting and technology services such as: Go to Market, Customer/member engagement, Provider Network Management, Value Based Contracting, Data Management and Integrated Analytics. We deliver innovative solutions to help our clients drive membership growth and improve healthcare value.
Data Science Associate Consultant - Health Plan & Provider
Data Science Associate Consultants (DSACs) design, develop and execute analytic techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions. DSACs within HPP will research and develop new offerings/solutions, deliver client impact by collaborate to deliver client solutions and contribute to development of the ZS point of view in this space.
• Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner;
• Execute statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning and retrieval processes) on large data sets to identify trends, figures and other relevant information;
• Collaborate with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings;
• Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform;
• Participate in development of select assets/accelerators that create scale;
• Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication support;
• Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
• PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required;
• In lieu of a PhD, 3-5 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience;
• Knowledge of big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
• Knowledge of programming (e.g. Python/R);
• Exposure to tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop eco system and database systems);
• Agile project planning and project management skills;
• Work experience in the field of insurance and health plans is preferred;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset;
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• High motivation, good work ethic and maturity.
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. ZS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to any class protected by applicable law.
ZS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe workplace. Must have received full COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required upon acceptance of offer of employment. Exemption process available on a limited basis.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!