When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. We have an excellent opportunity for a Customer Care Supervisor to help us Exceed our Customers' Expectations. This position is accountable for leading a team of Customer Service Representatives engaged in handling calls of a customer service and/or emergency services nature. The primary focus of this position is the development of assigned employees through coaching and quality improvement techniques.
1:00 pm - 9:30 pm shift
Why Suburban Propane?
- Continually drives for success and sets high expectations for personal and organizational performance, works efficiently and creatively to meet goals
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data by identifying trends and patterns and reconciling disparate concepts and facts. Uses this information to drive continually improving results of individuals, team and center.
- Evaluates and scores call quality performance based on established quality standards
- Evaluates employee capabilities and creates long term employee development plans and shorter term goals with each direct report to achieve continuous employee improvement
- Assists the team in the establishment of team goals and objectives and coaches individuals and groups to achieve those goals
- Recommends opportunities to improve the quality of the Center's service performance and provides feedback to assist management in the creation of performance improvement goals and the development of continuous improvement objectives
- Applies knowledge of operations, capabilities and strategic objectives to evaluate the impact of business decisions
- Implement and manage daily plan to leveraging resources to achieve service level and abandonment rate goals
- Provide support to New Hires during and following training to assist with Customer Service Representative (CSR) certification
- Provide operational support by taking on additional responsibilities, including taking customer calls when additional resources are needed to meet center goals
Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
As part of our pre-employment hiring process, background checks and drug screens are performed.
- High School diploma or GED required and Bachelor's degree in Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years customer contact center experience
- Minimum 2 years employee supervision/management experience
- Proficient in employee coaching/counseling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with contact center technology: ACD, WFM, IVR, Call Recording/Monitoring
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees and as the 3 rd largest propane retailer in the country, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 42 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers. We are committed to supporting the growth and innovation of propane as a sustainable energy source and investing in the next generation of even cleaner and lower carbon renewable energy sources.
It's an amazing time to become a part of our team as we expand our national footprint and
make strides toward a sustainable, clean energy future!
At Suburban Propane, we know that our strength comes from our diverse and inclusive team of employees who make a difference in the communities we serve across the country every day. All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.