The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Environmental Services is seeking a Custodian to provide a safe, clean and healthy environment for patients, guests, visitors and staff of UIHC. This position is scheduled to work first shift with rotating weekends. Starting salary, $16.48/hour. The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, which may be viewed at https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- General cleaning
- Trash removal
- Stock supplies for cart and custodial area
- Clean and disinfect restrooms/ refill restroom supplies
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and damp mopping hard surface floors
- Carpet cleaning
- Unit/bed making
- Wall & ceiling washing
- Furniture moves and room setups
- Use various types of custodial equipment in performance of duties
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position may have Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Risk.
This position is performed fully on campus.About Environmental Services:
We as a department are responsible for the upkeep and cleaning of over 2.8 million square feet of the hospital. The department provides support through 24/7 operations
We are committed to providing the highest quality of environmental care services in order to maintain a functional and safe environment for patients, staff, visitors, and other individuals served by and providing services for The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Percent of time:
1st shift, rotating every other weekend Location:
Stead Family Children's Hospital Salary:
$16.48/hour Benefits Highlights:
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation, sick leave; health, dental, life, and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans (https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits)
- Need more reasons to join our team? Check out our Build a Career/Build a Life Page
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions
- Previous cleaning experience
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and working with the public
- Experience using cleaning equipment
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for university sponsorship for employment authorization.
For questions, contact Shari Hook at email@example.com.Applicant Resource Center -
Need help submitting an application or accepting an offer? Support is available!
Our Applicant Resource Center
is now open in the Fountain Lobby at the Main Hospital. Hours:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Or by appointment
Contact TAHealthCareSupport@healthcare.uiowa.edu to schedule a time to visit.
- Classification Title: Custodian I
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Shari Hook
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org