The University of Iowa department of Facilities Management is seeking a Custodian I to perform custodial work required for general care and cleaning. This position is scheduled to work Monday to Friday, 5:00pm - 1:30am. Starting salary $31,200. The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, which may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits.
Duties to include:
About Facilities Management:
- Empty wastebaskets and remove trash from building.
- Remove and replace bulbs as needed and clean blackboards/whiteboards.
- Dust furniture and surfaces as well as pick up trash and sweep exterior entrances.
- Polish stainless-steel surfaces and clean entrance glass. Mop and vacuum floors; may buff and auto scrub floors.
- Stock supplies for cart and custodial area.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, refill restroom supplies.
- May also include project work such as carpet cleaning, waxing of floors and other annual cleaning activities.
Facilities Management (FM) is a service unit of approximately 700 employees who work behind the scenes, 24 hours a day, serving the University of Iowa as stewards of our beautiful Iowa City campus. FM staff coordinate campus master planning, manage design & construction, maintain & clean the buildings & grounds, and provide utilities management.
The university is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people (170,000+ in the metro area) regularly ranked as one of the nation's best places to live. Iowa City is less than four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City, readily accessible via interstate highways and a regional airport 30 minutes away.Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
Position and Application Details:
- Previous custodial experience.
- Experience with "green cleaning" products, equipment, and cleaning techniques.
- Project work knowledge and use of custodial equipment.
- Experience with public contact.
- Customer service experience.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Erin Turnis at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Custodian I
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Finance & Operations (General)
- Contact Name: Erin Turnis
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org