Overview / Responsibilities
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Corrosion Technician in Cotulla/Three Rivers, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Execute external, internal, and atmospheric corrosion control practices to maintain the integrity of the pipeline. The candidate must have a strong commitment to safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible for all facets of field executed corrosion duties, as well as assisting in the pre-construction design processes to mitigate foreseen corrosion problem areas. Assist in creating and maintaining corrosion control records for company use as well as for regulatory use or compliance. This is an extremely "hands-on" position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
Skills / Qualifications
#ZR #RZ #WOOD14
- Basic understanding of pipeline gathering systems and External and Internal maintenance practices Read and decipher alignment sheets, aerial imagery, and mapping
- Understand the principals of gas flow and hydraulics Familiar with current Federal and State DOT Pipeline regulations and the ability to stay updated with new policies Display good troubleshooting skills and solve technical issues in a timely manner
- Work well in a team or solo work environment Possess good computer skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office Software
- Display good communication skills
- Minimum NACE Level II Certified or 3
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.