Responsible for resolving all client concerns regarding patients that require a home draw. Troubleshoot inquiries from all sources (i.e., Client Services/Sales). Develop and maintain schedule for phlebotomists assigned to the home-draw patient. Client notification and follow up required on these and more complex issues. Resolve all concerns to satisfaction of client and patient.
- Handle all concerns regarding patient home draws. These concerns are received by telephone, in writing/FAX and in person. Calls are the result of a specific need for a home draw based on patient/client need or to resolve a previously poor collection at a PSC. Call volume may be heavy at times.
- Daily logs/schedules will be developed and tracked to completion for field phlebotomists to complete the home draws in a timely manner.
- Document reporting or call history will be maintained for department metrics.
- The Coordinator will contact the client or patient to resolve routine matters related to patient testing. Patients may also be called to schedule at home services.
- Use established protocols for reporting client complaints.
- Provide research and resolution on complex issues, including those that have been referred by Client Services.
- Voluntarily backs up in-house phlebotomists, when needed.
- May provide training to new hires.
- Recognize quality service issues and provide feedback to appropriate personnel on opportunities for improvement.
- May assist Group Leader in the delegation of work in the absence of the supervisor or manager.
- Has ongoing responsibility to maximize department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls.
- Must exhibit comfortable interaction with technical staff and other departments.
- May handle specimens.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Phlebotomy skills required, with 2-3 years of both pediatric and geriatric included.
- 2-5 years clinical laboratory and/or customer service experience required
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Experience in a Call Center environment preferred
- Some data entry experience preferred
- Customer service background preferred
- Previous medical or clinical laboratory background preferred
- Occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds
- May require extended periods of focus
- May require extended periods of sitting or standing
- Ability to manage stress
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting
- Must be able to handle a large volume of calls quickly and professionally.
- Medical terminology helpful
- Excellent computer skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Basic typing and computer skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills Strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability able to operate basic office equipment.
- Strong sense of integrity
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities with a positive attitude
High School Diploma or Equivalent