Mission: Engineer and design Koch Finishing Systems controls systems. Provide the appropriate control vison and technology for finishing equipment manufactured for a variety of customer applications.
Required Education, Experience, and Training
- Develop control schemes with varying range of components (level/ temperature/ conductivity sensing, burners, pumps, fans, motors, switches, etc).
- Develop control/communication schemes for various auxiliary equipment (conveyors, hoists, air make-up and air handler units, IR cure ovens systems, RO systems, WWT systems, spray booth equipment and RTO units).
- Develops electrical schematics and controls drawings. Creates system control panel layouts, detail electrical drawings and cost-effective system PLC and HMI programming.
- Debug PLC control logic and HMI displays prior to field installation.
- Provides oversight on control panel fabrication as necessary.
- Participates in system start-up/commissioning activities at customer sites as necessary. On site startup to include, but not limited to: I/O check/verification, logic testing, and customer training.
- Serves as technical advisor with customer, sales, estimating and other partners, as required, to define the process and product flow.
- Ensures scope of work and deliverables of the contract are translated to engineering specifications.
- Creates sequence of operations and other supporting documentation for customer owner's manuals
Requisite Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or other engineering related field of study.
- More than three (3) year of PLC and HMI programming experience with Allen Bradley (required) and Siemens (preferred).
- AutoCAD software
- PLC/HMI Programming - Allen Bradley Studio 500 (required), Siemens
- PLC PID loop implementation and tuning
- VFD configuration and startup
- Data logging/fault tracking/recipe configurations/preventative/predictive maintenance reports
- Field Installation/Electrical Troubleshooting / Start-up
- HMI/SCADA Configuration
- Ethernet (Ethernet/IP, TC/IP, etc.) network layout and configuration
- Field Bus (I/O LINK, EtherCAT, etc.) network layout and configuration
- Motor Drive configuration, programming and tuning for multi-drive conveyors systems
- Safety/Hazardous Lockout Design
- Innovation and Creativity
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran Other details
- Job Family ENG
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $68,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $95,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree