Title: Controls-Automation Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Longview
Job Summary & Job Duties
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Controls/Automations Engineer is responsible for the design, build and implementation of automated manufacturing systems. Working within a team that has responsibility of manufacturing equipment reliability and process support. The Controls/Automations Engineer is also responsible for continuous improvement of current production machines, process data collection, assistance with manufacturing process improvement, maintenance training and training material creation for troubleshooting. Safety: • Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
• Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
• Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
• Establish machine programing requirements for functionality, performance & reliability that address customer's wants & needs
• Establish design goals to satisfy identified design targets
• Perform appropriate design analysis & testing requirements, prepare & maintain troubleshooting documentation
• Establish & track program goals to ensure adequate planning/scheduling of manpower & resources
• Report progress of program goals, communicating risks, opportunities & status of design project against established milestones.
• Work with manufacturing and engineering to resolve machine downtime, training and continuous improvements.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5 to 7 years minimum previous Industrial Manufacturing experience
• 2 years Project Management Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills including both verbal and written communication.
• Must be able to develop specifications, proposals, and present them effectively within the organization.
• Able to work dynamically in a cross-functional environment
• Working knowledge of process control systems and their applications
• Proficient in programming PLC's (Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.) and familiarity with VFDs, Stepper/Servo Drives/Motors
• Proficient in coding (preferably Visual Basic, Python)
• Competent skills with PC's, networking, device communications (DeviceNet, ethernet IP) and database design
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD or SolidWorks (preferred)
• Working knowledge of Ignition is desirable
• Knowledge of vision systems (Keyence, Cognex) and robotics (Fanuc, Siemens, collaborative robots) is a plus
• Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office 365 software
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!