Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way, but leading the industry. Your success is our business.
We are looking for a driven Controller to join our team. The Controller reports to our Chief Financial Officer and supports full-cycle accounting functions and daily/monthly activities of the Finance and Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will have experience working in government contracting.
**This is a remote position and will be performed out of the candidates home-based office. Individual must have the discipline to work in this work environment and needs to be reliable and readily available always throughout the workday. **
Employment Status: Full-time/Remote
Compensation: This is a salaried position, paid Bi-weekly.
Schedule: Day Shift - Monday through Friday between 9 AM and 5 PM. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but employees must be available during core work hours and work at least 40 hours a week.
Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Experience with general ledger processing and month-end/year-end close process
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounted Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with the McNamara-OHara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965
- Have a solid understanding of federal contracting and GAAP, and working knowledge of FAR, CAS, and DCAA requirements
- 5+ years of progressive experience, with at least 2 years experience in a government contracting environment preferred
- Strong accounting system experience- Experience with Costpoint preferred
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel including the use of pivot tables and lookups and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Self-starter in a home office environment, highly motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure and changing priorities
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, including some nights and weekends
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), ability to work in a team environment and drive inter-departmental cooperation and solutions
- Ability to work and manage in a virtual environment where team members may be remotely located
- Background dealing with basic contract types FFP, T&M, CPFF
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle a significant workload
- Bachelors degree in accounting or a related field is required, experience may be substituted for education.
- Manage the F&A department in its entirety
- Manage cash flow forecasting
- Manage forecasts and budgets
- Prepare and maintain records for availability and usage of the Companys line of credit facility
- Manage banking, accounts payable, and expense reporting
- Manage all audits
- Prepare monthly a reporting package along with an appropriate discussion and analysis of operating results and financial position with the leadership team
- Coordinate month-end closing and produce monthly reporting
- Maintain supporting GL schedules and manage account reconciliations
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place for the department
- Ownership and maintenance as the Subject Matter Expert of government accounting software system (Costpoint) including cost structures, project setups, budgets, expense reports, employee data files, and per diem tables
- Manage project tracking, revenue recognition, purchase requests, and commissions
- Communicate effectively with internal team and external customers and partners through both written and verbal communication
- Other special projects as assigned
- This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This job has expired.