Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a Continuous Improvement Coordinator for our chemical manufacturing site located in Los Angeles, California.
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator's primary responsibility is to be a proactive consultant, educator, and advisor of improvement providing a wide range of needed expertise. The coordinator interacts with leaders at all levels of the organization, front-line staff and other stakeholders including design and implement systems that produce optimal process outcomes. This role supports the planning, execution and monitoring of processes and systems that support strategic priorities, requiring the ability to translate strategic goals into tactical action plans.
As the Continuous Improvement Coordinator, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- Ensure compliance of current processes and planned process improvements to company Quality Management System, customer requirements and regulatory.
- Provide support with review and compilation of data for various reports or proposals, preparation of tables, statistical and process capability studies, and drafting technical documents as needed.
- Perform facility audits.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts at the site to deliver cost and efficiency savings.
- Organize projects and deliver on time and in scope with proper communication to Stake Holders.
- Ability to work with diverse teams representing various disciplines and all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills. Ability to negotiate collaborative efforts with other departments.
- Skilled at facilitating a group process, building teams and transferring.
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking to guide alignment with organizational goals and priorities.
- Ability to problem solve, make independent decisions, formulate reports, perform statistical analysis and interpret data.
- Ability to work independently, be result oriented, manage multiple priorities and frequent change in duties and volume of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to handle medium to large scale projects involving multiple resources and spanning many months from start to finish.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Strong leadership, organizational and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs.
- Understanding and implementation of Project Management tools.
- Experience/implementation of Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Experience leading complex Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies.
- Thorough understanding of statistics and statistical process/quality control (SPC/SQC) techniques; process capability studies (Cp and CpK), test repeatability/reproducibility studies, analytical round-robins, etc.
- Knowledge of LIMS and other data collection and historian database systems is a plus
- Must have SAP knowledge.
- Excellent communications skills.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.Additional Locations: