The primary purpose of this position is to assist Northwest Federal Credit Union in living out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. To achieve this goal, the position must deliver the highest quality service to internal and external members. A key component of service to our external members is to identify their financial needs and recommend an appropriate Northwest Federal Credit Union solution. A Loan Officer in Consumer Lending works directly with members processing loan applications by telephone, fax, email through Online Banking, or sent via the Internet.
- Provide quality member service by responding to all member inquiries promptly by telephone, fax, email and via the Internet, thereby exceeding their expectations
- Work directly with members processing loan applications by telephone, fax, email through Online Banking or sent via the Internet
- Analyzes, evaluates, approves and funds loans as directed by NWFCU Lending policy
- Understand all policies and procedures, of products and services available through the Credit Union and CUSO
- Review information in the application and focus on the member's ability to repay the loan, the willingness to repay the loan, the member's existing assets and liabilities
- Analyze the credit report and identified red flags, discrepancies and determine if collateral is sufficient
- Cross-sell all products and services to include Payment Protection, Auto Warranty and GAP protection
- Communicate loan decision to members and prepare documents and review them with members to close the loan and upload the loan into the core system
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 20 plus loans
- Knowledge of Debt Management Programs
- Verify quality and accuracy of loan documents to ensure that the use of the proper loan documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must provide vaccination status and follow all safety protocols, which may include testing. EEO Notice
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a consumer loan officer or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working in a high paced detailed oriented role with a record of meeting sales goals
- Basic knowledge and understanding, as it relates to the branches, of credit union policies and procedures established by Northwest Federal Credit Union (NWFCU) Board of Directors and Management to comply with applicable rules and regulations.
- Must be self-motivated and highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Flexibility to work extended hours during heavy workload periods
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 703-709-8900 or HRDepartment@nwfcu.org.