At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team. In line with Optiv's commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv's quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for Success:
- Provide our clients with practical advice on matters related to the protection of personal information, privacy, and data governance
- Help clients identify privacy-related impacts or business risks and assist them in the implementation of the appropriate organizational and technical solutions
- Helping customize privacy, governance, and protection policies to fit an organization's risk profile and culture.
- Designing and implementing data protection and privacy programs to achieve compliance
- Providing Privacy/Security-by-Design consulting for technologies
- Write deliverables and daily status updates during client engagements
- Provide tactical and strategic guidance and detailed remediation advice aimed at helping clients achieve strong security postures
- Maintain relationships with clients and provide them with information about application security and secure development lifecycle topics
- Obtain and evolve technical expertise, certifications and industry credentials through formal and informal training and other educational initiatives
- Contribute content to the Optiv blog and present on security in webinars and at conferences
- Provide assistance for problematic engagements through triage and recovery planning
- Identify and recommend improvements in Optiv's methodologies and internal processes and provide input and support for updating consulting tools, techniques and knowledgebase
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 2-5 years of related work experience
- Approximately 2-5 years of data privacy, governance, and/or protection experience
- Thorough understanding of large scale environments
- Knowledge of general industry concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, policy creation, enterprise strategies, and governance.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, and/or CISA
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.