At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Who we are looking for:
An Attack & Penetration Consultant is a highly skilled penetration tester capable of performing complex assessments while maintaining a business focus and meeting client requirements. This position will work both independently and as part of a team to perform Security Assessments including vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, red team assessments, wireless security assessments, and social engineering. An Attack & Penetration Consultant also contributes to the development and continuous improvement of the Security Assessment practice through various team and industry contributions.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Assess an organization's network security posture using automated tools and manual techniques to identify and verify common security vulnerabilities.
- Use creative approaches to identify vulnerabilities that are commonly missed in security assessments.
- Exploit vulnerabilities and identify specific, meaningful risks to clients based on industry and business focus.
- Perform complex wireless attacks both against wireless clients and access points.
- Use social engineering techniques to obtain sensitive information, network access and physical access to client sites.
- Assess physical security controls by lock picking, tailgating, dumpster diving and other evasive techniques.
- Execute opportunistic, blended, and chained attack scenarios that combine multiple weaknesses to compromise client environments.
- Create comprehensive assessment reports that clearly identify root cause and remediation strategies.
- Interface with client personnel to gather information, clarify scope and investigate security controls.
- Execute projects using established methodology, tools, and documentation.
- Collaborate with other team members and practices to complete client projects and practice contributions.
- Provide support in the ongoing development of security assessment offerings through tool creation and process improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Prior experience performing Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Tests, Wireless Security Assessments and or Social Engineering to enterprise-level organizations.
- Ability to travel 25-40% of the time to client sites.
- OSCP, OSEP, OSWE certifications strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area of study; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to deliver projects using well-defined methodology across various security assessment disciplines including:
- Ability to combine multiple separate findings to execute complex attacks.
- Ability to manually validate vulnerabilities identified during assessments.
- Ability to identify, describe and report vulnerabilities and standard remediation activities, to include clear demonstration of risk to clients through post-exploitation activities required.
- Mastery of commercial and open-source security tools required (Nessus, Nexpose, SAINT, Qualys, Burp, Nmap, Kali, Metasploit, Meterpreter, Wireshark, Kismet, Aircrack-ng etc.).
- Familiarity with many different network architectures, network services, system types, network devices, development platforms and software suites required (Linux, Windows, Cisco, Oracle, Active Directory, JBoss, .NET, etc.) required.
- Familiarity with command and control (C2) frameworks, such as Cobalt Strike, Mythic, Covenant, etc.
- Passion for creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient preferred.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting for development of security tools preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports required.
- Must be able to work well with customers and self-manage through difficult situations, focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives required.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams required.
- Willingness to collaborate and share knowledge with team members required.
- Proven ability to review and revise reports written by peers required.
- Demonstrated effective time management skills, ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to take on large and complex projects with little or no supervision required.
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.