Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni Associates is currently seeking a Construction Inspection Supervisor with experience consistent, but not limited to:
Inspector Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Supervising field inspections on roads, bridges, or other transportation improvement projects
- Performing field inspections on roads, bridges, or other transportation improvement projects
- Review of drawings, specifications, contract documents
- Communicate and coordinate with contractors, designer, owner, project team, and the public
- Performing mathematical calculations based on field measurements
- Witnessing material tests such as soil compaction, concrete, and asphalt as determined by project need
- Preparing clear and concise daily field reports, which includes photographs and sketches
- Must be willing to work outdoors in differing weather conditions, near heavy equipment and construction operations, and within highway work zones
- High School Diploma/Associate's Degree
- Valid Driver's License
- Six years minimum of transportation, highway or bridge construction inspection experience.
- Note: (Six years minimum of transportation, highway or bridge construction inspection experience. Note, Bachelor’s of Science degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or an Associate’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management may be substituted for two (2) years of experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Applicants should have good verbal and written communication skills, math skills, and be able to work well in team setting.
- Must be willing to work outdoors and be physically able to perform field work.
Why Work With Us?
- Prior experience in PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike Highway and Bridge Construction Inspection.
- Additional certifications including ACI, PennDOT Concrete Technician Certification, NECEPT Bituminous Field Technician
- Knowledge of PennDOT mobile applications and ECMSv3, and NICET certification.
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.