In this dynamic role, the individual may be responsible for, but not limited to, the following tasks;
- Developing and maintaining a safe working environment through compliance with Mueller Co. - Albertiville's Health & Safety Program
- Incorporating the principles safety leadership into the work environment
- Maintaining an environmentally sound maintenance program that holds employees accountable for the proactive application of the site's environmental programs
- Complying with the roles and responsibilities defined in the planned and unplanned work processes.
- Directing quality maintenance and repair of plant equipment to maximize availability and reliability for production
- Managing daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is complete on time and on budget
- Identify challenges to timely completion of scheduled jobs and working with available resources to reduce and/or eliminate identified delays
- Maximizing employee work performance and productivity
- Assisting with the development of the weekly maintenance schedule by providing feedback to the Scheduler
- Assisting with the development of the maintenance plan by providing feedback to the Maintenance Planner
- Provide technical expertise and information to the Scheduler on work that needs to be performed so that he can schedule the work appropriately
- Complete all work from Scheduler with highest priority on P.M.'s.
- Use technical expertise in the field to constantly seek to analyze repetitive type repairs for ways to reduce repetitive work through:
o Reliability data
o Material changes
o Preventive Maintenance
o Repair procedure and methods change
o Equipment revisions
- Meet with the Scheduler or Planner to discuss maintenance work to ensure that there is a clear understanding of the work to be performed and that there is an awareness of the nature of the work as well as have input into the planning
- Work with the Planner to ensure that the correct equipment is needed to perform a particular job
- Preventive Maintenance (PM) compliance
- Ensuring repair history is properly documented as work is performed to ensure backlog accuracy
- Assisting in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment and services within budgeted guidelines
- Recommending to the Maintenance Superintendent contractor needs based on work load
- Directing the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiating appropriate remedial action
Job requirements include a high school diploma, related technical diploma or engineering degree with demonstrated strengths in Reliability Concepts or Condition based Maintenance., Commissioning, Maintenance, Repair, organizational planning, employee relations, and supervisory skills. Basic vibration analyst 1 Certification required in the first year, and 1 of 2of the following during the second year ;
Level 1 infrared/thermography certification
Level 1 ultrasonic certification
Computer skills in Microsoft Office functions particularly Excel, Outlook and Word are necessary. Training will be provided on The Computerized Maintenance Management system as needed. This position requires having experience with materials acquisition, planning, scheduling, and proven human relation skills. The ability to meet deadlines is essential. Familiarity with the maintenance processes and system software is an asset. Must be a proven team player and work well leading in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment. DESIRED
Qualifications and Skills: (Nice to have)
Computer skills in Microsoft Office functions particularly Excel, Outlook and Word are necessary.
Qualifications and Skills: (Must have)
Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated by technical diploma, certificates, past experience, etc.
High school diploma, related technical diploma or engineering degree with demonstrated strengths in Reliability Concepts or Condition based Maintenance, Commissioning, Maintenance, Repair, organizational planning, employee relations, and report writing ability.
Continuing education including certification will be required within 1 yearMust be proactive and motivated to do a great job and continue learning about utilization of our existing technologies.Must be willing to work varying shifts and overtime. A solutions and improvement mentality is necessary.RESPONSIBILITIES:Vibration Data Collection and Route Enhancement: work with Reliability Engr.
The CBM technician will utilize the Emerson CSI 2140 analyzer/data collector to collect accurate and repeatable vibration data.
They will learn to download route data into the PdM computer software, AMS Suite Machinery Health Manager, for analysis.
They will assist in the strategic development of new routes, up to and including all rotating machinery in the plant.
They will provide unbalance, misalignment, soft-foot, couplings (replace), bearings, seals, gearboxes, electrically excited vibration equipment repair requirements and instructions for such.
They will participate in 'failed equipment' inspections and failure analysis.
Training will be made available within the first year to become a level I certified vibration analyst.
They will participate in formal RCFA's / SFMEA's / EFT's/ and EMP development's.
Make recommendations.Infrared Data Collection and Route Enhancement: work with Electrical Engineer on electrical related routes and RE on mechanical related routes.
The CBM technician will utilize the Flir IR camera/data collector to collect accurate and repeatable IR data.
They will learn to down load the route data into the PdM computer.
They will assist in strategic development of new routes, both electrical and mechanical, to enhance the IR program to its fullest benefit.
If additional training is needed, it will be made available.
Make recommendations.Ultrasonic Leak Detection: work with RE and Elect Engr.
The CBM technician will become familiar with the basics of leak detection and repairs.
They will learn to detect mechanical impending problems, define repairs, or refer to in-depth maintenance.
They will survey electrical systems and high voltage areas as determined by the Elect Engr.
They will learn to download/upload routes for mechanical and air leak surveys.
They will learn to perform air leak surveys.
This technology will be further developed and training opportunities will be available.
Make recommendations.Lubrication/Tribology: work with RE and Lubrication Specialist
The CBM technician will become familiar with ISO cleanliness levels and inform the Lubrication Specialist of locations where specific areas of attention exist.
Make recommendations to LS and RE.Motor Circuit Analysis
: A future technology we will investigate as the RCM transition reaches maturity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.