A member of Mass General Brigham Community Physicians, Pentucket Medical has been providing extraordinary healthcare to the residents of the Merrimack Valley for 50 years. With the latest in diagnostics, technology and research, we proudly offer unparalleled acute, chronic, and wellness care to our patients. Our primary care and specialty teams include more than 55 physicians, 40 nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and over 300 clinical and administrative support staff. With five sites located in the Merrimack Valley, Pentucket Medical provides access to care 7 days a week.
Our continued dedication to clinical excellence, focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and generous employee offerings, such as our competitive benefits package, allow our professionals to build an exciting career as we all work together to positively impact the health of our patients. Bring your talent to MGB Community Physicians and find out just how far it can take you! Are you ready to join our team?
We are seeking a full-time Community Resource Specialist to support Pentuck Medical Associates remotely, Monday through Friday.
The Community Resource Specialist will work with the Care Managers and the Care Team to ensure that high risk patients enrolled in the iCMP are receiving the services they need to achieve optimum quality of life. The position requires a high degree of flexibility, independence, and willingness to participate in multiple actives and provide support to all members of the care team. The position requires strong communication skills and the ability to converse comfortably with patients and their caregivers, practice staff and program staff.
- Research resources and programs available for patients and their caregivers including but not limited to:
- Disabled and elder housing assistance and programs
- Legal, financial and insurance resources
- Health education material, including a hard and electronic storage system that is easily accessible for program staff
- Uploads and maintains resource database. Regularly updates staff on new information
- Work collaboratively with Care Manager to support iCMP patients. This may include but is not limited to:
- Assist Care Manager and Social Worker with follow up patient support calls
- Research and find DME contractors and resources for general home safety equipment
- Contact patients with memory/language issues to remind them about appointments and medication issues; this includes editing, printing, mailing monthly calendars and phone reminders for those specific patients
- Research and find support systems for patients and caregivers experiencing grief and bereavement
- Identify and refer to community services such as transportation, meals on wheels, day programs, volunteers and PCA
- Coordination of referrals to internal and external resources
- Triage services requests and forward them to other program services as necessary
- Manage communication with non-acute facilities including but not limited to SNF tracking
- Other projects and duties as needed and specified by the Care Managers and/or Supervisor
- Patient Education and Advocacy
- Refer patients to resources regarding health care delivery and reimbursement systems, prescription drug programs, health and wellness programs, long term care insurance, health care proxy, asset and legal management, government programs, community agencies, public and private organizations, housing options and other services
- Advocate for patient to ensure the patient's safety, physical, legal and financial well being. Support their caregivers and quality of life goals and help navigate the healthcare delivery system
- Bachelor's Degree desired, with demonstrated experience to support the provision of care management services
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, 2 of which must be related
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.