Community Health Aide Trainee
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Provides primary (acute, chronic and preventive) health care and emergency care to those seeking health services at the village clinic.
Must be a resident of the village or agree to relocate to a village for the purpose of serving as a Community Health Aide/Practitioner. Has the ability to communicate in English and prefer the ability to speak the local language of that village. Must be willing and able to travel to Bethel and/or other training sites to attend basic training sessions and other required trainings. Required to participate in preventative and chronic care activities as appropriate to level of training. Must agree to abide by CHAP policies and procedures while in training and in the village. Able to provide year round coverage including summers. Willing and able to provide itinerant ("float") coverage to other YKHC villages as assigned.
*Full Time Float CHA/Ps will function in the same capacity as all other CHA/Ps. The exception being they will serve villages on an itinerant basis as determined by the Field Supervision Coordinator.
- Minimum Education: Be at least 18 years old. High school diploma or completion of GED required Must demonstrate ability to read, write and perform math at the 8th grade level as determined by the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Minimum Experience: Positive work history. Must be nominated by Traditional or IRA Council of the village that he/she will be providing service
- License, Certification, Registration: Must attend Health Aide Sessions I, II, III, IV to become a certified CHP. Must be certified ETT or EMT. If rehired, must be certified and meet YKHC re-entry guidelines.
- Equipment/Tools/Word-Aids: Experience with Microsoft Word and email. Must be proficient with RPMS and Telehealth within 3 months of hire.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Language skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May be tasked to be a Lead Health Aide.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:14053Location:KipnukDepartment:Community Health Aide Program (CHAP)Employment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)