Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in start up, operation and maintenance of specific production machinery
* Review work orders or production schedules to determine production materials needed, machine set up, dimensions and tolerances
* Calculates methods and sequence of operations needed to fabricate parts by studying
blueprints, drawings and/or engineering information
* Calculates dimensions or tolerances using micrometers and vernier calipers
* Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments and materials onto machinery
* Monitors the feed and speed of machinery during production process
* Inspects, measures and tests completed products or units for conformance to specifications and possible defects
* Utilizes a variety of hand and air tools, saws, drills and measuring devices and maintains same in proper operational condition
* Performs or assists with daily equipment and machinery inspections
* Reports defective materials, machinery and equipment to management
* Assists in packaging and transportation of finished products
* Observes and obeys all safety rules, practices and procedures
* Wears and employs personal protective equipment as required
* Performs other similar or related duties as required or requested
Must be able to create a program from start to finish on a CNC machine.
Complete and pass written new hire test at 70%.
Job involves lifting a maximum of 50 pounds.
Ability to read blueprints required.
Ability to operate a fork truck and crane preferred.
Ability to adapt methods and ideas to attain continuous improvement.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Pass a background check and drug screening.
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Required)
- manufacturing: 1 year (Required)