Compeer Financial is seeking collaborative, innovative and dynamic professionals to be a part of our Top Workplace culture!
Tell me more about this opportunity.
This position ensures mortgage loans, short-term loans/leases and occasionally large transactions classified as commercial or agribusiness loans are documented and closed in accordance with regulations and Compeer Financials policies and procedures.
- Follows established organizational policies and procedures to ensure transactions meet legal compliance with lending laws and regulations.
- Drafts supplemental loan closing documents, when necessary.
- Reviews title insurance commitments, deeds, real estate title documents, Uniform Commercial Code filings, fixture filings and other related documents to confirm the organization's collateral lien position, in regards to real estate and chattel.
- Reviews loan narratives, title commitments, and other transaction documentation to confirm legal documents required to close a loan or lease transaction, as well as parties required to sign each legal document.
- Collaborates with internal clients (credit, title, and legal departments) to resolve issues affecting title insurance or exceptions to the organization's policies and procedures, in the context of a specific transaction.
- Coordinates on-site and off-site closings with internal and external clients. Executes the closing transaction with clients by explaining all forms, answering client questions and securing appropriate signatures on all documents.
- Answers questions and provides solutions to financial officers and other team members on matters relating to the organization's procedures involving closings, legal documents, title insurance, real estate and chattel collateral.
- Works closely with internal and external clients to set up, organize, verify and close mortgage loans, short-term loans and large transactions for all business units servicing Compeer Financial clients.
- Collaborates with the Financial Officers to service all aspects of the client relationships within the territory and assist team members with transactions and loan servicing.
- Conducts a post-close review of loan or lease transactions to ensure loans/leases were closed in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures and/or the written closing instructions of the Document Administrator, when an outside title company is utilized for the transaction. Reviews all documents relating to the transaction.
- Documents the actions that were taken to ensure the organization has obtained the expected lien position or its equivalent, as required by law and by the organization's policies and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate's degree in accounting, business administration, legal, agriculture or related field or combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 0-5 years related work experience; prefer title or legal experience. Closing Agent License; Insurance Producer License preferred (or ability to obtain within twelve months).
- Commissioned as a Notary Public for the state (or ability to obtain within three months).
- Working knowledge of loan approval processes and requirements, personal property security documents, real estate, legal, banking, security requirements and title insurance.
- Working knowledge of legal descriptions and collateral documents to gather appropriate information for document preparation.
- Basic accounting and mathematical skills to calculate data, reconcile funds and determine payoffs.
- Background in agriculture preferred.
- Skill in processing complex, detailed information in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication and client service skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Skill in utilizing MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.) and client databases to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task with tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Valid driver's license.
Who is Compeer Financial?
Compeer Financial exists to champion the hopes and dreams of rural America. By joining our team, you will help empower those in agriculture and rural communities to achieve their goals and expand their possibilities. We embrace business agility and innovative approaches to serving our clients and communities.
Why join our team?
- Amazing team members who are passionate about serving agriculture and rural America.
- Investment in our team members' education, growth and development.
- Engagement in our communities through giving back and volunteerism.
- Flexible, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K (3% Compeer contribution & up to an additional 6% match)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, volunteer time)
Find out why our team members choose Compeer Financial by watching this video
How do I apply?
Qualified candidates, please apply online at www.compeer.com/careers
Compeer Financial is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.