Local Unit & Position Description
DNV's Healthcare Division is seeking to fill the role of Clinical Surveyor. This position can be remote from anywhere in the Continental U.S with travel to customer sites up to 100% of the time.
DNV's Healthcare Division is the vanguard of quality improvement in the healthcare industry through promoting adoption and ensuring compliance with internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality management and NIAHO accreditation standards. Our teams of highly qualified healthcare professionals work as trusted partners with providers nationwide to ensure the highest quality and safest care.
What you'll do:
Position QualificationsWhat is required
- Participate as a member of the healthcare survey team ensuring provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written instructions established by DNV.
- Work independently to survey healthcare organizations throughout the United States.
- Apply analysis and reasoning skills to determine healthcare organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and ISO principles.
- Prepares management reports linked to standard nonconformities with potential system(s) vulnerabilities and related organizational risk points.
- Effectively communicates (constructive and collegial) and engages with healthcare organization staff in interactive dialogues on standards-based issues to assess compliance and to identify opportunities for improving compliance.
- Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance and/or training to other survey team members.
- Attend monthly educational calls.
- Complete all required ongoing training and educational requirements.
- Participates in other DNV activities as assigned.
What is Preferred
Physician Surveyor: Must have a degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD), or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) and possess a current and valid state-issued medical licensure.
Nurse Surveyor: Must have graduated from an approved school of nursing and possess a current and valid state-issued RN (BSN) license.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience within the healthcare environment or related field such as risk or quality management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ethical standards.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites up to 100% of the time, including mostly overnight stays and U.S. travel often outside of normal working hours and occasional weekends.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills:(i.e. critical thinking, interpersonal, problem solving, interviewing, teamwork, organizational, analytical empathetic, able to communicate effectively, respond calmly, and make decisions when assessing practices and procedures against the DNV accreditation or certification requirements.)
- Affable style (nice)
- Valid driver's license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances, when required.
- NIAHO Standards application
- ISO 9001 Experience
- Working efficiency in MS Office
- Ability to speak comfortably in public
- Auditor experience and standards
- Prior experience in VAD program management, joint replacement, cardiovascular, diabetes, palliative care, behavioral health, and/or neurology/stroke care
- Work in settings with infectious diseases.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Willing and able to walk and stand for long periods of time, walking lengthy distances, lifting, climbing, stooping, pushing, and pulling in order to adequately inspect and observe all medical facilities, equipment and procedures, and any areas where cleanliness may affect the possibility of infection, including areas of a healthcare facility from floor-to-floor either by stairs or elevator.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs., in addition to transporting one's own luggage and computer for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel with that which is lifted, carried or transported.
- Able to maneuver through airport settings and all other traveling requirements.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90000- $100000.
#GreatCareersAtDNV#Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk management providers. Whether certifying a company's management system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains, and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.