This job has expired.
About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
St. Christopher's has more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, combining top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
In addition to its main location in Philadelphia, the hospital has a growing network of primary and specialty care locations throughout the Philadelphia suburbs and New Jersey so your child's health conditions can be treated close to home.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist will interpret and evaluate medication orders for patients of St. Christopher's Hospital for Children and consult with necessary healthcare professionals as necessary to optimize drug pharmacotherapy for all hospital patient populations including but not limited to Critical Care, Transplant, Perioperative Services and Medical Surgical Units. Routinely participate in patient care rounds and other pharmacy related projects. Support activities of pharmacists and technicians to assure accurate compounding and dispensing of medications and timely drug administration. Support the healthcare team by providing drug information and guidance related to appropriate and cost effective drug pharmacotherapy. Perform staff pharmacist duties as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
Customer service and teamwork orientation required. Good interpersonal skills, initiative, judgement and problem solving skills. Ability to organize, set priorities and plan time to accomplish workload. Computer skills in pharmacy systems and word processing applications highly desirable (spread-sheet and data-base applications knowledge, etc). Able to meet physical demands of standing, walking, lifting and sitting; manual dexterity necessary. Good written and verbal communication skills. Adaptable to change in a positive, professional manner. Commitment to excellence in patient care. Demonstrates skills necessary to provide pharmaceutical care appropriate to the age of the patient.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist is responsible for supporting and or supervising the activities of the pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, rotating pharmacy students and the support personnel.
Training & Education:
• Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy required.
• Completion of PGY-1 pharmacy residency required or attained an equivalent 3 years experience in the area of specialty practice and or a pediatric hospital setting.
• Completion of PGY-2 pharmacy residency in pediatrics preferred.
• Completion of a fellowship in pediatrics preferred.
• 2-3 years hospital experience in pediatrics with a Pharm.D. degree.
• Hospital pharmacy experience includes, but not limited to, IV admixtures, automated distribution functions, and clinical counseling.
• Work history with good to excellent record in organization, accuracy, quality and quantity of work and attendance is required.
• Current registration as a Registered Pharmacist in Pennsylvania, with good standing with the Pennsylvania Board of Pharmacy is necessary.
• Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialty - required or attained post 1 year of hiring.
• Board of Pharmacy Specialties certification(s) preferred
• Hospital pediatric pharmacists eligible for reciprocity will be considered as long as licensure is completed before the end of the 90-day probationary period.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our