Client Service Specialist - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI (MMA Upper Midwest)
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking a Client Service Specialist on our Employee Health & Benefits team in Troy, MI.
Our office in Troyserves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans. The Client Service Specialist is responsible for providing mid-level support to assigned Account Managers. Responsibilities include working with Account Managers, clients, and vendors to resolve routine billing, eligibility, and ID card issues, requesting vendor agreements and performing an initial review of them, driving the 5500 Schedule A filing process, and performing other tasks of a similar nature.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Small agency feel with world class resources of an international corporation
- Committed, competent and engaged leadership at all levels
- Driven & entrepreneurial team-oriented environment
- Our Core Values: Innovation, Passion, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
We will count on you to:
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University - 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
What you need to have:
- Works with vendors and clients to resolve routine service issues such as ID card, eligibility, claim and billing issues.
- Assists with securing accurate vendors booklets, contracts, SBCs, administrative agreements, and other documents as requested. This includes obtaining documents from vendors, reviewing the documents, providing input to the Account Manager; reviewing with clients, and providing feedback to vendors on the documents, as requested by the Account Manager.
- Participates in conference calls or client meetings as requested, and drafts minutes of discussions for the Account Manager's review; forwards final versions of minutes to participants as requested.
- Maintains an accurate and detailed follow-up system to ensure that the issues the CSS is involved with are tracked with complete reliability.
- Maintains a current Work-in-Progress on all assignments, and maintains regular communication with assigned members of Client Services on open projects, deadlines and status updates.
- Sends routine emails to clients as requested (such as Medicare D).
- Works with clients and vendors to ensure that 5500s are filed on time.
- Saves documents and emails to the Client Directory timely, using the proper naming convention.
- Records pre-scripted PowerPoint presentations as requested.
- Participates on special projects as needed.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when working with clients and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years or more of administrative experience essential.
- Two years or more experience in the employee benefit industry working with billings, claims, or other administration issues.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict adherence to the company's rules regarding the Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Flexibility to arrive early and stay late, as needed.
- Ability to operate a car and to pick up and deliver materials as needed.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors, and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to proof one's own work as well as the work of others; ability to work in a proactive manner to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to maintain a mature, problem-solving approach; general knowledge of "how to get things done."
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits
. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless
. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.