Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
- Champions opportunities to consistently improve the Eurofins Botanicals and Specialty Supplements client experience
• Acts as Eurofins Botanical Testing Client Experience ambassador to both internal and external customers
• Bridges the gap between the client and the laboratory as a client facing technical leader for the botanical and specialty supplement market
• Takes a lead role in interfacing with clients, specifically involving technical expertise and problem solving.
• Collaborates with operations leadership to understand, improve and communicate technical & operational capabilities
• Collaborates with business leaders and commercial staff across the Eurofins network to develop programs that meet client needs
• Leads and develops client facing staff
• Builds and maintains new business by fostering successful relationships with clients and partnering with Business Development Directors and Business Leaders across the Eurofins network.
• Supports lab based teams by providing guidance on program and project needs.
• Increases customer satisfaction rates, increases customer loyalty, and gains more referrals from those loyal customersEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that each touchpoint of the client experience is engaging, efficient, and effective
- Map the customer journey and identify opportunities to proactively intervene on the client's behalf
- Organize projects and initiatives that enlighten company staff on the associated benefits/consequences of their decisions on customer experience and on company profit
- Partner with BUMA and other Eurofins leadership (as needed) to recommend and contribute to initiatives that improve the customer experience e.g., ease of ordering, development of new test packages.
• Accountable for establishing, maintaining, and developing client relationships at high levels within client organizations
- Responsible for client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding large clients or complex accts
- Leads client visits and assists QA in hosting audits
- Promotes EBOT offerings through webinars and promotional material in partnership with Eurofins marketing team.
- Assists the sales efforts for highly strategic opportunities by collaborating with Business Leaders, Finance, Business Development Directors and others to compile proposals and RFP's
- Anticipates, detects, promotes quality and process improvement needs in the maintenance and continued development of key client relationships
- May participate in client visits to provide technical support during the sales process
• Bridges the gap between the client and the laboratory operations team
- Key interface for technical issues involving major clients
- Compiles and communicates client requirements and inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Identifies and resolves issues around client inquiry requirements and Eurofins capabilities
- Proactively identify and orchestrate prompt resolution of internal and client issues
- Coordinates internal expertise toward resolving technical problems and issue resolution that impact the client
- Works internally with appropriate laboratory teams to keep projects on track and ensure client expectations are met
- Partners with internal stakeholders to develop creative solutions for inquiries from large clients or complex accts
• Provides leadership & direction to client facing staff
- Guide and direct the activities of client- facing staff to ensure their interactions with clients reflects positively on the company
- Oversees quality control activities on client deliverables
- Guides team in effective client issue resolution, establishes and enforces issue escalation process
- Monitor the activities of customer service staff to ensure compliance with set standards of courtesy and professionalism
- Hires, trains and mentors client-facing staff
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc., without neglecting other dutiesQualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
• Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
• 8+ years direct CRO/industrial experience preferred
• Possess 8-10 years in the nutritional science, food safety, analytical chemistry or related fields with proven expertise
• Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
• Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
• Proven ability to work independently
• Knowledge of other software applications (i.e. SFDC) preferred
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients and Eurofins senior management
• Positive attitude and sense of urgency
• Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Eurofins BU lines preferredEducation/Experience (BMQ):
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (e.g. chemistry, microbiology)Additional preferences:
Postgraduate degree in a scientific disciplineCertificates and/or Licenses (BMQ):
Certified food scientist (CFS)Additional preferences:
Experience working in the food or dietary supplement industryOther Factors:
• Flexibility to participate in meetings across various time zones outside core working hours
• Occasionally working extended hours in order to adhere to client deliverable timelinesAdditional Information
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.