The shipping & Receiving Clerk I is responsible for shipping and routing of materials into and out of the Business Unit (BU), as well as the appropriate documentation and data entry.
- Receive, inspect, verify, process and route all materials into the facility and off-site facilities (remote sites) and enter the receipts in the Materials Management software system.
- Notify the Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies of materials versus shippers' documentation.
- Prepare shipments, including documentation, for outbound shipments.
- Manage in the Returned Goods process according to the Returned Goods SOP.
- Deliver stock to the appropriate staging area for departments.
- Put warehoused items in the designed storage areas and rotate stock according to receipt date and expiration dates to ensure proper stock rotation and use prior to expiration.
- Note any short-dated materials upon receipt (less than 30 days of shelf life) and report to the Warehouse Manager to determine any possible actions that may need to be taken.
- Assist in cycle count and full physical inventory.
- Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, OSHA, CLIA, etc. policies and procedures.
- Analyze current procedures in place and make recommendations for process improvements to the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist in order entry, picking, packing, and delivery of both internal and external orders as needed.
- Assist in record storage and retrieval process as needed
- Assist in preparation, receipt, and distribution of internal, inbound and external mail as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED with six (6) months previous materials management experience
N/A Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry seventy (70) pounds.
- Ability to operate materials handling equipment as needed (forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc) or equivalent would be helpful, but not required
- Basic understanding of mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good record-keeping skills.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, and bar code scanner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle (non-commercial truck, van, car) as required.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Valid driver's license(Required)