AmTrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Claims Training Supervisor to lead the Associate Training Program. This may encompass supervision of administrative tasks and staff or oversight of the investigation of insurance. This position involves the direct handling of tasks and/or claims in addition to supervision of staff.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert, working with Learning & Development to create, update, and implement the 8-week Associate Training program
- Conduct 8-12 weeks of post-New Hire Training and Supervise the Associate Training classes
- Complete weekly assessments of each assigned New Hire
- Ensures new claims are assigned to appropriate team member based on complexity and skill set.
- Oversees the handling of all aspects of the claims assigned to the unit including reserving, communication, documentation, litigation management, evaluation, negotiation and settlement.
- Ensures all claims conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
- Adherence to all applicable policies, procedures, and department guidelines.
- Supervises maintenance of all claim records.
- Reviews appeals and complaints that Adjusters are unable to resolve and prepares formal response to consumer complaints.
- Analyzes and approves claim payments.
- Provides authority as appropriate.
- Completes monthly quality audits, prepares periodic reports, and monitors data to ensure adherence to quality, corporate and regulatory standards.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assures that all customers receive quality service.
- Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures, and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- May recruit, hire, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
- Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary recommendations.
- Participate in the specialized training and handling of complex claim matters and projects requiring advanced claim knowledge and experience.
- Manages the development and training of subordinates, including monitoring and relaying information to the staff regarding changes in coverage and laws.
- Thorough understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability, and total loss processes in various states.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Leadership skills; ability to plan, organize, delegate, and develop corporate human resources.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
- Sound command of the English language.
- Ability to operate business technology.
- Ability to travel is required for some positions
College degree and/or minimum 5 years commercial auto and GL claims handling experience and skills required. Valid adjuster licenses in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such, if required by subordinate position duties.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time. What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.