Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Provides for the provision of spiritual care to patients/families/caregivers and staff. Also works through the Pastoral Care Department to provide pastoral care services to other areas of the NGHS as needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications:
Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree. Ordination or commission by a recognized faith group and possesses at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Minimum Experience: At least one (1) year experience serving in pastoral ministry.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Good verbal and written commination skills
- Theological and Behavioral Science understanding of human illness and suffering
- Awareness of cultural and religious understandings of illness and health
- Computer skills
- Provides spiritual assessment, care and support to patients and families.
- Participates in a monthly PRN Chaplain meeting.
- Provides the spiritual dimension of holistic care to patients, families, and hospital personnel.
- Works collaboratively with the Clergy Fellowship, Volunteer Chaplains, Staff Chaplains and Clinical Pastoral Education students in providing pastoral care for the organization.
- Works with the Pastoral Care crisis intervention team to provide pastoral care to patients, families and staff during a critical incident.
- Participates in the maintenance and submission of appropriate pastoral care records for the Department of Pastoral Care.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Moderate, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30% %
Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Fingering, Driving
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.