Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Work as part of a larger team of scientists in the Reduced Risk Product Development team. Operate and carry out routine maintenance, and troubleshooting of Sensory Physiology lab equipment such as tissue culture incubators, water baths, and automation.
- Follow written procedures, SOPs, and laboratory practices to prepare samples for sensory screening
- Culture, expand, and maintain stable mammalian cell lines
- Run calcium imaging based molecular assays, using FlexStation 3 and FLIPR systems
- Accurately record experimental details and data using the appropriate software
- Analyze data in timely manner and generate summary tables and plots for presentation/reporting purpose, position helps not only in data processing but also contributes to the design and optimization of methods and workflows, tracking of sample and project progress and communicating with group members
- Characterize sensory properties of neat compounds or plant extracts, as well as characterize their sensitization and desensitization properties at the receptor level
- Perform competition assays to investigate compound interactions at the receptor level
- Perform daily laboratory duties to include sample preparation, performing analysis, calculating data, recording/reporting data, performing general housekeeping in alignment with 5S standards, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Meet all quality and productivity metrics
- Perform instrument calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, recognize errors, identify root causes, and maintain excellent working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
- Demonstrate strong client service skills
- Proactively plan and maximize productivity
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaboration
- Implement operational improvements
- Support and promote company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or related discipline, or equivalent directly-related experience
- Research and hands-on laboratory experience culturing cells, operating laboratory equipment, and using aseptic technique.
- Experience running fluorescence assays is a plus.
- Industry experience is preferred.
- Strong desire to contribute to the collective success of the team; motivation to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to understand overarching project goals and objectives.
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Richmond, VAare encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays