GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a CEI Senior Project Engineer and Department Head for our Grand Rapids, MI office.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Contract negotiations, client invoicing that include the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), local government agencies, and other facility owners/agencies
- Leading business development efforts
- Monitoring MDOT, local government, and other agencies' work programs
- Preparing, evaluating, and monitoring budgets, forecasts, and manpower estimates; determining staff needs for projects and managing CEI teams
- Staff management and development
- Monitoring and evaluating construction schedules
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Civil Engineering degree
- 15+ years of CEI experience in the construction of major road and/or bridge projects
- Michigan Professional Engineer's license
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles, while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds