Job Summary (External):
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
Clinical Service Technicians (CSTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing patients on the use of medical equipment (e.g., respiratory supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) in their homes and care facilities. CSTs must have and maintain a valid commercial driver license (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver medical equipment and oxygen to patients in their homes.
- Assemble, set up, inspect, and test equipment, and instruct patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance in accordance with state licensing limitations,
- Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
- Load and unload company vehicles with medical equipment and oxygen.
Operate both non-commercial (<10,000 lbs GVW and carrying a combination of oxygen less than 1,001 lbs) and commercial (10,000 lbs to 26,000 lbs GVW or carrying any combination of oxygen 1,001 lbs or greater) vehicles.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
May help guide and train less experienced Technicians.
- May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment repairs.
- May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call basis.
- Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least three years related experience is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of hire.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must possess a commercial driver's license with hazardous materials endorsement.
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Delivery Service Technician Certification Program.
- Must meet and maintain job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commission regulations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibly and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1" to 36" high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160 lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs - 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3"-10" in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20" in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10' high, in general.
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24" above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20" away from the body.
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual's position.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
This job has expired.