Local Unit & Position Description
Carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) is critical to meeting the climate goals of companies and countries alike, and for many years DNV has played an important role in supporting foundational CCS projects and helped regulators and market makers define safer outcomes and manage risk.Due to a sustained period of growth, DNV- Energy Systems is searching for an experienced CCUS specialist with a focus on capture technology and/or CO2 removals (CDR) to join its global CCUS Venture team in North America, with a focus on both market development and the delivery of insight to existing and prospective customers. The role would favor a capture expert who brings both technical experience across the carbon capture value-chains, and can be inspired by working within an entrepreneurial, developmental growth group within a large well-established corporate.
Candidates with experience in BECCS are also are encouraged to apply.
Examples of the work associated with this role include:
This position may be located at our Oak Brook, IL or Houston, TX offices. Other locations in proximity to a DNV office in the continental U.S and Europe will also be considered, and relocation to your preferred location would also be possible.What You\"ll Do
- Studies in both technical and economic aspects of CCUS project feasibility
- Due diligence for technology developers and investors
- Technical review, risk assessments and qualification of CO2 capture technologies
- Development of new products and services around CDR, BECCS markets
- Business and corporate development support
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Proactively contribute to developing and innovating a strong portfolio of services related to CCUS projects, with a focus on capture technologies and the CCUS value chain
- Execute projects together with regional resources and CCS venture members, as subject matter expert and project manager.
- Contribute to creating and maintaining knowledge, databases and new products/services related to CCUS technologies.
- Build customer relationships and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Support proposal preparation and business development initiatives.
- Create and maintain a collaborative network of CCUS focused connections
- Add value to M&A strategy through origination activity and the provision of insight
What is preferred
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, chemical engineering or equivalent commercial experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 10 years total experience, of which at least 5 years in carbon capture
- Demonstrated domain knowledge and consulting experience around technical and economic aspects of CCUS value chains, with a focus on CO2 capture
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent capacity to summarize and explain concisely complex technical matters (possibly demonstrated by publications and papers)
- Strong customer focus mindset oriented to growth and productive customer relationships
- Comprehensive vision for how CCUS will evolve as a market segment in North America, and how the needs of key participants will also evolve looking forward
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
How We Do It
- Masters Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- Knowledge of direct air capture, CDR and carbon utilization technologies
- Demonstrated results arising from business development activities
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. What we offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!