Job ID: 416960
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The IT & Telecom Category Manager, Americas is a key resource in strategically managing costs and supplier relationships in order to improve CRH's profitability and competitive position. The Category Manager is responsible for managing spend categories and is accountable for implementing all category related decisions regarding products and services within the Americas. As a key member of the global IT & Telecom category team, this role will utilize the category management process to develop strategies, execute tenders, establish effective supply programs and manage the overall success of the programs. The role ensures that business requirements are considered in the category strategy. The IT & Telecom Category Manager will work directly with suppliers, CRH procurement personnel, technical specifiers, subject matter experts, management and other key internal stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Primarily supports Americas based CRH divisions and IT departments
- Managing assigned IT & Telecom spend categories within the Americas participating and facilitating cross-functional and cross-regional / global teams
- Support the development of category strategies and ensure that strategies are executed locally
- Execute the RFX and sourcing process including negotiations and contract development
- Accountable for procurement KPI Performance Management and process adherence in the area of responsibility
- Ensures execution of S2P process (from screening to onboarding and lifecycle management) for suppliers
- Maintains strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Working closely with the Company's technical and business resources to incorporate local requirements into program development and drive the Company's sustainability and innovation objectives.
- Analyses supply market, anticipates changes, and drives associated procurement activities
- Evaluates contracts and suppliers to facilitate final supplier base decisions with relevant stakeholders
- Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, implements and ensures purchasing best practices
- Coordinates category and supplier strategy implementation
- Educated with a Technical or Business Degree
- 3+ years of Procurement experience
- Experience in managing a local category in a multi-country organization
- Fluent written and verbal English is a must, other languages are considered a plus
- Ability to work in international projects and teams
- Analytical skills
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation and contracting skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Cost analysis and management
- Good leadership capabilities
- Financial and business understanding
- Stakeholder Management
- Networking and collaboration skills
- Well-rounded and experienced Procurement professional with sound business acumen.
- Data and people driven person and decision maker.
- Ability to lead and drive the execution of the local / regional category management agenda.
- A dedicated and engaged partner who strongly engages with both the business, IT departments in the divisions in the US and the regional procurement organization to enhance collaboration and obtaining the local procurement objectives.
- Ability to be a "self-starter" from opportunity identification all the way to project closure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The position will require heavy travel - at times exceeding 50%
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH Americas Materials Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 5, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Supply, Procurement, Performance Management, Technology, Operations, Human Resources
This job has expired.