Worcester Eisenbrandt (WEI) offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision. Great pay based on experience.
General Information about the job:
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Verifies structural integrity with plumb bob and carpenter's level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays sub-flooring.
- Covers sub-floor with building paper to keep out moisture.
- Fits and installs Commercial prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates.
- Restoration of wood cornices, doors, windows and other needed wood restoration.
- Installation of restored items.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Knowledge of concrete and masonry is helpful.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Dependable, reliable, fulfills responsibilities.
- Strong physical and mental health using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- The ability to quickly make coordinated movements of one hand, a hand together with its arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty strives for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats when needed.
Minimum of two years' experience of general carpentry.
APPLY TO THIS HYPERLINKhttps://worcestereisenbrandtconstruction.applytojob.com/apply/HqHLtTSosn/CarpenterIt is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, WEI will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify. Drug screening, employment physicals, and Background check are performed post job offer and acceptance.
- Must have own basic carpenters tools.
- Experience working on historic properties is helpful.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on scaffolds two or more stories, ladders, lift and carry objects weighing between 50 to 100 pounds.
- Able to speak, and to read and write basic English.