Come join our awesome team as a Caregiver at Elder Homestead We are offering generous retention incentive of $2,500.00 for full time! $2,000.00 for part time! Earn up to $2,500.00!
Elder Homestead is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Caregiver Job Highlights:
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
The Caregiver is responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment.
- Assist participants with ADL's (bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot nail care and toileting) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care (including ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, personal care, etc.) as assigned or needed.
- Assists participants with Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL's) cleaning, changing bed linens, laundry, meal preparation and other routine household care) as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year's experience in working with the frail or elderly population.
At Elder Homestead, we are a welcoming senior living community that provides assisted living and memory care with 51 apartments. We are located in Minnetonka, MN, a beautiful suburban city known for its lovely Lake Minnetonka, and is home to several highly performing public schools. The value of our employees is indescribable. They make our residents feel protected, cared for, and at home with their unwavering kindness and shining attitudes. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan to our employees so they know that we support them and their lives, inside and outside of work!
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Create happiness with us, and join our team!
, we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.