SICE ADMINISTRATION (BL-INAD-IUBLA)
Luddy Career Services partners with students in the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering as well as employers recruiting for technology, information, and engineering opportunities. We serve Luddy students in all levels of their career development, from exploratory and pre-major students, to those pursuing undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees, in addition to our alumni. Our mission is to provide opportunities and resources that will empower students to define their career goals, develop professional life skills, obtain related experience, and realize their career potential.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Oversees office operations, supports employer partnerships, coordinates annual outcome data collection, and empowers students with relevant resources to equip them for career success.
- Serves to support Luddy students through strategically cultivating and continuing authentic partnerships with employers focused on both current recruiting needs and future growth.
- Provides outstanding customer service to ensure a welcoming and inclusive first interaction with Luddy Career Services physically and digitally
- Develops and implements processes to create efficient office operations, organization, and communications
- Supports employer recruiting through in-office interviews, on-campus events, job posting approvals, and trend reporting
- Project manager for student and employer focused resources, such as the office's annual career search guide, and program infographics
- Partners with IU and Luddy stakeholders regarding office expenses and departmental business
- Provides project support to Director of Career Services
- Provides administrative support to a department or group of professionals, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Utilizes business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.; compiles data for expense and statistical reports.
- Receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately.
- Schedules and confirms appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements; tracks expenses.
- Participates in the development and implementation of administrative standards, policies and practices for the organization.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of relevant experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Maintains composure under pressure
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$40,000 - $41,725 annually Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us