With a career as a Mercer human capital consultant, you will be helping companies of all sizes and across all industries to solve their greatest challenges by designing and implementing workforce strategies to help them grow within their markets. Our Career consultants help these organizations define and implement an employee experience that will make the right talent want to join and stay, and deliver their best performance.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Atlanta, Charlotte, or Nashville office:
What can you expect?
- Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organizations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies, whether for a multinational organization or a local company attempting to grow within its market
- As a Career Consultant, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating environment, participating as an integral member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions that support clients' success
- You will collaborate with colleagues on numerous and varied projects in a learning-oriented environment and contribute to projects in multiple practice areas
- You will support senior colleagues in the implementation of program strategies designed to help clients attract, reward, and retain talent
- You will work alongside some of the industry's top consultants and develop cutting-edge technical knowledge and skills
To learn more about Mercer's Career practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/workforce-and-careers.htmlWhat is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developing solutions for today's and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- An experienced team that provides best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organizations make fact-based decisions
- The opportunity to grow your career and showcase your talent as part of the global leader in human resources consulting
The opportunity to cross-train and expand your skills in multiple practice areas (workforce and executive compensation, HR and workforce transformation, and communication/change management consulting), fine tuning your natural skills and learning new ones
- Excellent growth, mobility, and advancement opportunities in a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Business Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations; for more information, visit: Inclusion and Diversity | Mercer
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Write and structure client presentations and communications, including recommendations presented to boards of directors, executives, senior management, and HR leaders
- Engage with clients as a day-to-day point of contact and as a participant in meetings and presentations
- Serve as a project manager in collaboration with senior consultants, helping to determine project direction and strategy, developing project timelines and budgets, and managing members on the team
- Evaluate clients' strategic business objectives and their implications for rewards, leadership, organization performance, and other HR policies and practices
- Interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from research and analysis conducted by analysts on industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends, global expansion, and best practices in career management
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years' relevant work experience, ideally in management consulting, compensation, finance, human resources, corporate communications, or accounting
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- At least 2 years' experience with a consulting firm, working with external clients
- Proven project management skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Progress toward completion of an MBA or master's degree in an HR field
- Significant coursework in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, HR, and accounting
- Project management experience; excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously withstrong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 81,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $19 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.