The Capital Equipment Expenditure (CAPEX) Manager (CM) provides cradle to grave support of the capital expenditure process for lab equipment in support of R&D scientists, encompassing everything from initial site surveys through equipment disposal coordination. They will work with little to moderate guidance and may assist in the training of junior staff while delivering against their assignments. The Manager develops and maintains equipment-related lab operations and is responsible for the delivery of frontline, lab equipment services in response to business demands. The CM will act as the primary point of contact for all questions related to the receipt and install of all CAPEX equipment. They will initiate and manage the site survey process in a timely manner to ensure that lab space and service requirements are met prior to receiving lab instrumentation. The CM will project manage all physical lab modifications identified during the site survey process and provide logistics support to 3rd party contractors performing the work. Additionally, they will ensure that support staff are scheduled prior to the install of all CAPEX equipment and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the install process. Effective communication between staff scientists and embedded Lab Resource Coordinators (LRCs) will be key in to ensure all parties are prepared to receive equipment. The CM will also provide logistics support to AZs 3rd party lab instrumentation service (LIS) provider as needed.
The CM will help solve current problems and build solutions for the future to support the R&D pipeline, give time back to scientists, reduce cost, and build quality. The CM will also be required to contribute to strategic LabOps initiatives, investigate complex issues and liaise with service providers and other cross functional stakeholders where appropriate to ensure Lab Operations is positioned to provide the highest level of support to its customers.
- Oversee the site survey process to ensure AZs lab space can support all components of new lab equipment
- Serve as the primary point of contact (POC) for CAPEX questions from AZ scientists and lab managers
- Coordinate with LabOps, R&D scientists, SiteOps and procurement teams as well as external vendors to perform site assessments as quickly as reasonable once notification of intent to purchase is received through CMS
- Ensure teams and systems requiring visibility to installs and removals receive the necessary information in a timely fashion (e.g. Perkin Elmer, CMS, CAPEX committees, Buying teams, Finance, Fixed Assets, Facilities, Metrology etc.)
- Submit and follow up on work requests (including but not limited to work orders, CRFs, utility changes/installations, and BMS updates) in anticipation of new equipment arrivals to ensure site readiness
- Track asset-related data from CAPEX approval through equipment purchase, installation, and project close out. This includes appropriate notification to Perkin Elmer and associated teams, so assets can receive the necessary tags and be tracked in a variety of databases
- Maintain asset records, warehouse inventory, NTRL certifications, completed projects and other relevant data in an easily accessible format to minimize future duplicate work for similar equipment and facilitate dissemination to stakeholders.
- Project manage timelines and logistics relating to lab space modifications needed for complex lab equipment and support 3rd party contractors performing the work as needed
- Coordinate with Perkin Elmer to facilitate the equipment life cycle of all surplus, temporarily out of service and obsolete lab equipment
- Act as the logistics manager for all surplus lab equipment and respond to R&D customer needs & relay relevant information as it relates to lab equipment logistics
- Ensure that all lab parties are notified of scheduled work and mitigate any associated electrical or service outages that may impact science delivery
- Schedule necessary support staff and resources for instrument installation
- Establish and disseminate equipment installation best practices to harmonize CAPEX technical support processes
- HS or GED at a minimum
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, MS SharePoint, database and data analysis software packages
- 3-5 years of relevant (lab and/or operations) experience
- Able to recognize problems & generate potential solutions; knows when to escalate issues.
- Strong critical and analytical thinker
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, efficient, and self-motivated
- Strong aptitude for customer service
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.