- Responsible for procuring the company’s raw material, purchased parts, service equipment and operating supplies at the lowest possible price consistent with accepted standards of quality and service within established time frames by performing the following duties.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engages in detailed negotiations of pricing, delivery, service, and supplier quality as required and within limitations imposed by purchasing procedures.
- Executes contractual agreements for the purchase of all tooling, materials, parts and services, keeping supervision advised of major agreements and problem areas.
- Ensures an effective line of communication to all local department managers and internal personnel to support and determine material and service needs.
- Monitors purchases from placement of order through delivery of material. Investigates shortages and defects of purchased goods with quality control, production control and inspection personnel to determine source of defect or shortage and corrective action plan.
- Continually pursue new suppliers to ensure an adequate supplier base who can enhance price, quality, and delivery requirements and bring continuous improvement to the organization.
- Maintains contact with all markets in which the company obtains materials and keeps supervision fully advised on the market status, trends, availability, and projected performance.
- Follows Quality procedures utilizing the appropriate work instructions and forms.
- Shares ideas about process improvements and other cost saving measures with management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred: CPM
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of SAP. Prior direct manufacturing or engineering experience preferred in particular being capable of interpreting and analyzing drawings and have a basic understanding of the manufacturing process. Knowledge of machine tool industry and accepted practices is beneficial. Must have valid driver's license and be able to travel.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering: Opportunities for growth, development and promotion Company paid certifications, licenses and training Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off Occasional travel is common in this position if desired If you meet the above requirements and would like to learn more, we invite you to please apply.
This job has expired.