The Business Development Representative (BDR) will help LightBox lead the next generation of cloud-based mapping solutions targeting a variety of markets including commercial real estate, online real estate sites, home builders, and government agencies.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for engaging with inbound leads while also reaching out to targeted companies and government agencies to discover and qualify potential buyers for interest and to understand the specific needs of the prospect or their organization. Once interest and needs are established, buyers are introduced to our sales executives for a phone call or a web-based demonstration of our solutions.
You will learn about our solutions and be able to understand and present our value proposition to potential clients within all target markets. We will provide you with training on our solutions, written scripts to use in your phone calls and in emails as well as give you access to all the modern technology tools you'll need to succeed. You will have clearly defined objectives and clear ways to measure your impact. You will be paid a competitive base salary combined with strong earning potential through our incentive program.What you will do and achieve:
Who you are:Education
- Work diligently to schedule product demonstrations and discovery calls via a variety of inbound and outbound sources for sales account executives.
- Make phone calls and send emails at a rate necessary to meet or exceed your Discovery Call creation goals.
- Work independently to contact cold and pre-qualified prospects within assigned vertical markets.
- Contact all prospects assigned to you through a combination of phone calls and email along with use of social media and other helpful data sources.
- Capture all communications in Salesforce and follow all other best practices defined as part of the company's sales funnel and process.
- Work with sales account executives and build a pipeline of new business.
- Discover new pre-qualified leads and add them to Salesforce.
- Update contact records in Salesforce when needed.
- Make at least 50 calls a day.
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred
Key Knowledge & Skills
- 1-2 years of business development or related work experience preferred
- Ideal candidates will have experience in the commercial real estate industry or software sales
- Ideal candidates will have some business to business phone and email prospecting experience (prospecting to corporate level professionals preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook and experience with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred) and Marketing Automation systems (e.g. Pardot, Eloqua).
- Possess strong organization skills, a deadline orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to focus on high-value tasks vs. everything on your list
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Resourceful, coachable, and results driven
- Demonstrate LightBox Core Values (Clarity, Cooperation, Empowerment, Passion)
- Self-starter with a competitive nature and desire to grow a career in technology sales
- High degree of energy and creativity in a fast-paced organization
- Willingness to help prospects learn more about the company's software and data solutions and to share specifics to support their unique needs
- Willingness to learn, grow, and push yourself to achieve more
- An ability to respond with a sense of urgency in support of the team's objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, team collaboration, organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, desire to learn, and high self-motivation
- Regular office environment
This job description is a general listing of the required tasks and expectations of the position and in no way implies that the duties listed above are the employee's only responsibilities. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, responsibilities and training as instructed by their supervisors. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule including occasional holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate customers.
LightBox and all its holding companies are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the LightBox and its holding companies to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCY SOLICITATION PLEASE.