As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Builder's Direct Desk Agent provides customer service for the construction department by serving as a point of contact for the customer and acting as liaison between the customer and operations. This position manages inbound calls, sells small contractor new services, manages all contractor service needs and provides outside sales rep support.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Fields incoming calls of low to mid level complexity for the construction department independently and proficiently.
- Sells temporary roll off dumpsters to potential customers.
- Acts as contact for and liaison to construction customers and operations.
- Strives to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for productivity, quality, and timeliness
- Works to understand customers' needs, issues and requests.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers, operations, sales and set-up departments to resolve issues including escalated and complex customer service issues.
- Communicates and coordinates with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed pick-ups and other customer-related issues.
- Initiates outbound calls to customers to ensure resolution of issues, customer satisfaction and to build loyalty.
- Provides information and education to customers regarding service options, charges and billing questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
Experience: 2 years previous Customer Service experience and leading others
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Know the Business
General Competencies Include:
Communicate With Impact
Make Sound Decisions
Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
Influence and Negotiate
Use Ethical Practices
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
This job has expired.
) is North America's largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM's fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks - the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America - where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company's sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com