The MGB Budget Director performs the following key functions and services:
Responsible for the MGB Enterprise Services annual corporate operating budget (over $1.9B of operating expenses, 6,000 FTEs, and 750 cost centers) and annual capital budget (approx. $100M). Responsibilities include: providing technical support and oversight for the budget system and entire budget staff, review and analysis of the budget submissions, dissemination of consolidated information to necessary staff, management, and institution finance departments, including the management of the corporate allocation process to the affiliated entities.
Oversees the monthly and annual financial reporting process for department budgets under MGB Enterprise Services. Reporting includes: operating statement actual vs. budget analysis, FTE reporting, and other department specific analysis, consolidation and support. Responsible for corporate reporting, submissions, system updates, allocation process and analysis.
The primary Budget Office contact for Corporate Accounting, Central Budget Planning, and the entity finance offices, including various directors and senior management in MGBES. Supervises and supports all MGB budget staff positions.
- Establish annual MGB Enterprise Services operating budget guidelines, goals, and processes to ensure corporate targets are achieved.
- Responsible for timing and management of the preparation of the annual budget system and coordination of the submission of department budgets.
- Responsible for coordinating staff and department manager's input, and disseminating information to necessary staff, management, and institutional finance.
- Ensure proper training classes and development services are provided for staff and end users.
- Enhance the budget process by developing reports, queries and supervising technical updates to provide a productive system for the office, end users, as well as institution finance teams.
- Coordinate MGB corporate allocations to entities including, understanding department metrics, coordinating, and verifying funds received, monitoring monthly wire transactions, reviewing variances to revenue posted, and managing the quarterly allocation adjustment process.
- Oversee monthly actual vs. budget results and trends, including multiple monthly analysis and tracking worksheets, coordination between accounting for completion and verification of monthly close package reports from budget team, and provide on-going dialogue with department management.
- Oversee reporting for control and management of FTE growth within the system, by ensuring maintenance and analysis of the MGB position control database and reporting system.
- Work directly with the consolidation team to properly account for the activity at MGB, both Operating and Capital, and review its implications, relationship, and reporting within and among all entities.
- Manage, train, and enhance growth of the department Budget Analysts. Review work and projects for accuracy and consolidate in summary format for upper management. Provide strong communication and internal process to develop employee skills. Ensure team provides consistent and efficient customer service to all constituents.
- Constant interaction with department managers, directors and VP direct staff, and the development and production of ad hoc analyses and reports.
- Provide executive management with required reporting, analytics and direct support for all budget and capital related issues and information.
- Develops multi-year budget plan incorporating operating Parent/System margins, coordinate corporate capital requirements, and centralized debt impact on system budget.
Requires extensive understanding of corporate business concepts and processes. Must be proficient with accounting and have technical expertise and experience with Hyperion (Oracle) budgeting systems. Four to six years of experience in corporate finance and budgeting is necessary. Experience in healthcare is helpful. Advanced degree or MBA preferred.EEO Statement
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.