AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
AstraZeneca is organized around two core business units, BioPharmaceuticals (BBU) and Oncology. The BBU focuses on development and commercialization of AstraZeneca's Respiratory, Immunology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal, and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas.
Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) is a strategic function, critical for enabling success in the growth of the BBU business. Our ambition is to build an industry-leading organization, empowering our Commercial teams through the generation of compelling evidence and insights, while ensuring they have the tools and skills to deliver impactful launches that change the practice of medicine for the benefit of patients. Within GIACE, the Insights & Analytics function is organized across three teams and supports both the US and Global organizations: Respiratory & Immunology Insights, CVRM Insights (Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Renal), and the Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE).
The aim of the Insights & Analytics Center of Excellence is to establish industry-leading capabilities across the core areas of analytics, forecasting, reporting, business planning, and insight capabilities. It will leverage, reapply, and advance best practices in capabilities and operations from Global and US more broadly across geographies. In the area of advanced analytics, the ambition is to accelerate the development and application of advanced analytic methodologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve business problems. The CoE also aims to scale and deploy these capabilities in a highly efficient manner so that continuous innovation can be pursued.
The Insight Teams and the CoE partner to drive portfolio and brand strategy and performance. Together we strive to uncover deep customer insights in order to drive improved decision-making and business impact. We are looking for leaders who have the passion to drive business results and bring innovation to what we do for greater impact.
The I&A Center of Excellence is responsible for Global and US across the BBU, and is organized around the following core capability areas:
- Brand Analytics
- Advanced Analytics, US and Global
- Advanced Analytics, Other Markets & Data Management
- Forecasting, Respiratory & Immunology
- Forecasting, CVRM
- Business Planning & Capabilities
The Brand Analytics Manager is expected to provide leadership and strategic direction that delivers competitive advantage through the application of end to end analysis and insight across both Global and the US market. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can pioneering and embed leading-edge analytic techniques, and generating local market knowledge which lead to superior fact-based decision-making. The role will support the BBU in the identification, development and evaluation of new practices, whether sourced internally or externally. Further, they must be able to identify, develop and lead the implementation of new analytic capabilities across the organization.
As a Brand Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for providing analytical expertise to the Commercial Organization, driving strategic and operational excellence. This is a hands-on analytical role and as a proactive internal consultant to a specific brand team, the Brand Analytics Manager will support and design commercial solutions, enabling data-driven decisions that are based on rigorous analysis and best available information. A high level of proficiency in syndicated and custom, primary and secondary data, for both predictive and prescriptive analytics is required. The Brand Analytics Manager will coordinate the procurement of various datasets, design and implement analytical solutions in support of Business Opportunities, Customer Segmentation & Targeting, HCP & Patient Opportunity Identification, Return-On-Investment analytics and Optimal Resource/Budget allocation across diverse Sales and Marketing channels, Patient & Prospective Analytics, Smart Business Experiments (Test & Learn), Market Simulation & Patient flow modelling among other business critical analyses. This role works closely with Marketing, Medical, Market Access, Sales, Forecasting, and other Commercial Operations business partners.
In addition to strong analytical skills, the Brand Analytics Manager should have excellent communication skills with a demonstrated track record of effective business partnership as demonstrated by material business impact and influencing. This position may be required to manage contractors and consultants to complete analytical projects, but will have no direct reports. The candidate will also be required to continuously evaluate new quantitative analysis methods and technologies.What you'll do
Essential for the role
- Develop a deep understanding of internal customers' data and analytical needs focusing on the customer-facing model leadership
- Champion the use of local customer insight in strategic and resourcing decisions across the business.
- Collaborate with the US Sales Force Operations to ensure success of key business processes and coordination on joint initiatives
- Identify and prioritize enhancements and new analytic capabilities. Can lead the development, deployment, and embedding of such capabilities across the organization.
- Instills a culture of continuous improvement, testing, and deployment of new capabilities for the business.
- Develop innovative analytical practices to create and sustain competitive advantage.
- Access appropriate information via a variety of tools and sources
- Summarize and present findings through various communication channels
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing, coaching and developing a team of analysts
- Capability in applying deeper technical skills and knowledge that is shared across the functional area (e.g., deep knowledge of key data sets, modeling capabilities, etc.)
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of the points of integration of our work and that of our colleagues.
- Monitors the external environment to stay up to date on leading analytic capabilities, both within and outside of pharma, which can be applied within the organization
- Quantitative Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science. An advanced degree is preferred (Master's, MBA or PhD).
- 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis.
- 4+ years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets, specifically:
- Statistical Analysis & Modelling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods.
- Data Mining, Predictive Modelling & Machine Learning algorithms.
- Optimization & Simulation.
- 2+ years of recent experience and proficiency with Python, R, and SQL
- Knowledge of big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.,) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data visualization - MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, D3js or similar tools.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.So, what's next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media -
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.