American Welding & Gas (6614) is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Branch Manager position at our Hollywood, AL location. The Branch Manager is responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of sales, including counter sales, warehousing, distribution, production with P&L responsibilities.
Branch Manager Duties:
- Competitive pay structure
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Collaborative environment where your input is valued daily
- Short-term & Long-term Disability,
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Branch Manager Qualifications:
- Coordinates activities with other branches and/or immediate branch personnel to resolve any customer, sales or operational problems or inquires. Issues are handled in a manner that enhances customer satisfaction.
- Accurately competes and submits all sales-related paperwork (e.g., shippers, invoices, cylinder audits, month-end reports, cash reconciliations, deposits, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Participates in the preparation of market and competitor information and annual sales analysis and forecast.
- Manages all branch personnel in accordance with company policies by hiring, training, motivating, planning and directing work, providing performance feedback, developing associates and resolving associate issues.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and responsible for maintaining and stocking merchandise and displaying it so that it is attractive to customers. Maintains a clean and attractive store.
- Responsible for timely and quality performance appraisals of assigned personnel.
- Works in accordance with all policies and procedures ad rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Evaluates and monitors day-to-day activities of a branch to ensure cost effective operations and makes changes to ensure same when required.
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Sell profitable sales growth to new and existing opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
About Us: AWG
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous management experience
- Able to move compressed gas and liquid cylinders; Lift 50-75 pounds frequently and maneuver 100+ pound cylinders (rolling, using a cart, etc.).
- Intermediate level computer skills.
- A team player who takes ownership, creates solutions and drives for results to get the job done.
- Excellent communicator who expresses consistency in words and actions, communicates directly and honestly.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strong leadership and relationship development skills.
- Pleasant, professional, and courteous personality.
- Strong administrative skills: organized, efficient, and versatile.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
is an industry leader in the manufacturing and distribution of industrial, medical, specialty and beverage gases and associated welding and safety supplies. Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, AWG operates 80 retail locations and 20 gas fill plants located in twenty states stretching from Montana through Florida. With over 600 teammates serving customers in over 30 states and Canada, AWG is growing and looking for dynamic individuals to join our team!
American Welding & Gas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.