Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for an NCCER Boilermaker to join our team in Baytown, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Follow the rules of safe conduct always.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) man lifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals.
- Demonstrate ability to locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on foundations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Should have at least 2 - 3 years as an apprentice/helper in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding.
- Should have at least 1 - 2 years as a journeyman, Boilermaker or Pipefitter-Bolt Up.
- Experience in one of the mechanical areas such as Boilermaker, Pipefitter-Bolt Up, Pipefitter Fabricator or Welding field a plus.
- Must possess an NCCER certification card or successfully pass an in-house craft assessment.
- Must be able to work in team environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience working in an industrial environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.