Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
This is the perfect position for the scientist that doesn't want to work at the bench! The Project Manager Trainee (PMT) position serves as a transitionary role to a project manager for Bio/Pharmaceutical contract testing. This role will help candidates learn the necessary technical functions to navigate Eurofins Lancaster Labs' (ELLI) information systems, construct and develop relationships with clients and ELLI's internal scientific and support departments, refine organizational skills required for project management, and assist project managers with a variety of tasks to familiarize candidates with the daily routine of the department. Please note that this is a client-facing position.
- Support Sample and Project Management in the auditing review of sample submissions in ELLI's Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), including a review of all associated documents (methods, specifications, protocols, etc.)
- Work with fellow PMTs to maintain central inbox and respond to client requests, actively take on additional work when assigned items are completed.
- Track financial aspects of projects including purchase and invoice management
- Shadow Project Managers to learn processes and duties required for a project management position
- Support Project Managers in an administrative capacity with varied assignments
- Occasionally assist with data management of special projects assigned to the department
- As determined by the candidate's Group Leader, be assigned dedicated projects, which will increase with the experience and capabilities of the candidate
- Transition into a full Project Management role after a training period of 6-12 months
Key Candidate Attributes:
- Possesses excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Has a strong organization and attention to detail
- Prior project management or customer service experience is strongly encouraged
- Computer skills - Experience utilizing MS Office and MS Project or other project organization tools. Experience navigating a LIMS or equivalent is a plus
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with agency and company policies (GMP knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated, adaptable, and maintain a positive attitude, even with critical deadlines
- Initiative/ Self-Starter - proactively seek out work and training opportunities, offer to assist others, strive for high productivity and output in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, science, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM,with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Lancaster PA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays